Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A new adventure!

In recent weeks, an opportunity presented itself for me to realize a long-time dream of mine.  Since putting my teaching career on hold to raise my three beautiful blessings, I've been looking for an enjoyable (and legitimate) way to make money from home.  I really enjoy scrapbooking-a hobby I took up in 1998.  Although I am very behind in my children's scrapbooks, I've made it a common practice the last five years to create page layouts and scrapbook albums as gifts for my family and friends.  I've jokingly suggested to my husband that I'd like to open my own scrapbooking store, but realistically know that, especially in economic times such as these, that's not going to become a reality. 

To make a long story short, I found out towards the end of July that a new storefront called Hometown Talents and Treasures, was going to be opening in West Bend on July 29th.  The two ladies leasing the building had the innovative idea to divide up the space to vendors wishing to sell their homemade goods.  It's basically like a craft fair that is held six days a week year-round!  I'm happy to say I will be renting a space there beginning August 25th.

I will be selling pre-made scrapbook layouts and pre-made scrapbook albums.  I am hoping to appeal to those who enjoy scrapbooking themselves, but find that they don't have the time to keep up, as well as the general public who may like the way a scrapbook looks but do not have the time or desire to invest in the supplies necessary to create their own pages!  My business name is Timesaving Designs, as my products are designed to save you time!

Albums and pages will be available in several sizes and themes.  I also do custom work.  If you like something you see but you wish it were in different colors, or a different size-I can do that!  If you'd like to create a gift album that is personalized with names/dates/other information, I can create that for you! 

Feel free to contact me at timesavingdesigns@gmail.com with any comments, theme suggestions, or custom requests!

No comments:

Post a Comment